Aurora’s Pediatric Dentist
November 30, 2014 |
Pediatric Dentistry is that branch of dental surgery which deals with the dental problems of children. This is a specialized field and requires two to three more years of study to meet the unique dental needs of the kids ranging from infants to teenagers. The pediatric dentists are also known as Pedodontist, who also sometimes come under the category of cosmetic dentists for kids. Pediatric dentists encourage the dental health of kids along with serving an educational resources for parents. Early discovery is important to keep oral hygiene among kids and alter abnormal habits, and provide with treatment as required and as simply as possible.
Importance of Pediatric Dentistry
It is important for kids to start visiting dental surgeons from an early age to keep up their dental hygiene. The earlier a child starts going for regular dental checkups, the better will ne their oral health. Kids with healthy teeth learn to speak clearly, have a beautiful smile and are able to chew their food properly. Another very crucial feature of the pediatric dentist is that he/she is given a proper training to detect oral conditions. These conditions can be a sign of other problems such as heart defects, asthma, ADHD and even heart malformations.
Types of treatment provided by Pediatric Dentists
The pediatric dentists provide many kinds of treatment for the kids to maintain their oral hygiene. Given below are some of these treatments:
- Treatment for serious dental injuries for example displaced or fractured teeth.
- Repair for defects and tooth cavities.
- Care for gum diseases and other similar conditions like ulcers and pediatric periodontal disease.
- Risk assessment for tooth decay in mother and child and infant oral hygiene.
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with lifestyle and other hereditary diseases such as diabetes and congenital heart disease.
- Preventive dental care with diet recommendation and nutrition.
- Counseling for bad habits like sucking the thumb.
- Advance assessment and treatment for correcting an improper bite.
It is quite clear that you must encourage your child to always maintain a proper dental hygiene and must help them to remove the fear of visiting a dentist. Doctor Chris Baer is a well known expert in the field of dental surgery in the regions of Aurora, Denver, Elizabeth, Parker, Centennial and Franktown. He is highly qualified and is a member of many medical associations like American Dental Association,American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.