Dental Veneers: Before and After
January 8, 2015 |
Restoring Smiles with Dental Veneers
The popularity of veneers is growing day by day and people are opting for this procedure despite the many risks involved. The before and after photographs of patients who have undergone the procedure are quite convincing. And this has made many other people follow suit and go in for the procedure themselves. Doctor Chris Baer is one such dentist who provides excellent services in the regions of Aurora, Denver, Elizabeth, Parker, Centennial and Franktown.
Creating Your Porcelain Veneers
Now, many people have serious doubts about the whole transformation of the teeth and so, to clear their confusion they can go and try the procedure for themselves. The whole procedure basically involves three to four trips to the cosmetic dentist. The first step includes the diagnosis, where you have to communicate to your dentist how exactly you want your teeth to look. The dentist will also inform you about the various limitations of the procedure and the type of veneers to be used. The next step involves the preparation of the tooth for the veneer to be applied. Here, a certain portion of the tooth is scrapped, then an impression of your tooth is prepared which is used for making the veneer. The last step is bonding where the veneer is finally cemented onto the surface of your tooth after scratching the surface of your enamel.
Apart from cementing of the veneers, there are some other procedures that need to be done in certain cases like fixing the gaps between two teeth, removal of plaque and tartar.
Disadvantages of veneers
- Veneers have to be replaced once they are damaged.
- Veneers comes at a high price when compared to other similar alternatives.
- The chances of decaying of the teeth with veneers is still there if proper dental hygiene is not kept.
- Your teeth may become more sensitive to hot or cold beverages with the absence of the enamel.
- The whole procedure of cementing of the veneers is irreversible and must be undertaken only after careful thought.
- The color of the veneers might not exactly match with the color of your teeth.
As you can see, veneers may not be suitable for everyone especially for those with weak teeth, or for those who have lack of enamel on the surface of the tooth. For people with these problems,there are alternatives like crowns and bondings.